Alpha Center began serving women facing unplanned pregnancies in Independence County in 1982 with the intent to offer emotional, practical and spiritual support. We serve families facing an unplanned pregnancy, both before and after, with Christ-like compassion. In October 2011, we legally became a medical center, expanding our services to offer women the availability of a free limited obstetrical ultrasound. In August 2015 the newest arm of our ministries was born. Hidden Treasures Upscale Resale Shop was opened at 115 East Main Street as a fundraising tool. Donate! Shop! Support!
Today the Alpha Center serves hundreds of women annually, throughout our tri-county area and beyond with FREE and CONFIDENTIAL services.
- is a 501(c)3, not-for-profit organization.
- is overseen by a volunteer Board of Directors.
- depends entirely on donations for day-to-day operations and receives no federal or state funding.
- has a combined support group of staff and volunteers of more than 20 people.
- provides confidential services to each woman, at no cost.
- has the potential to invest in a client’s life for up to three years through our programs and services.
- is an ecumenical organization supported by over 30-plus local Christian churches and civic groups.